There are legal resources available for all income levels and to supplement limited scope legal services:Free Legal Assistance: (there are income eligibility requirements)
Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Legal Services can assist with advice, assistance, referrals, or full representation in many areas to include:
- Family law - domestic violence, divorce, custody, guardianship, etc.
- Consumer law – bankruptcy, garnishment, collection, repossessions, etc.
- Public benefits – Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Housing – eviction, landlord tenant, foreclosure
- And more
directory at https://clsofficeinformation.wordpress.com
Legal clinics (sponsored by various organizations)
- Unrepresented litigants can meet with an attorney and discuss their case
- Some clinics have income eligibility requirements
Clinic list located at http://www.coloradolegalhelpcenter.us/events Also at Colorado Legal Services website https://legalclinicsincolorado.wordpress.com/clinics-in-other-colorado-counties/ (Includes information on virtual legal self-help clinics for those in remote areas)
Find Low to Full Cost Legal Services for those who do not meet income eligibility for free service:
- Hire an attorney for certain legal services and perform others yourself
- Alternative fee arrangements - fixed or flat fee, sliding fee, discounted fees, legal task based billing, contingency
- Full representation
Find Legal Information, court forms and resources:
- Colorado Legal Help Center website at http://www.coloradolegalhelpcenter.us
- Colorado Legal Services website at https://lawhelp.coloradolegalservices.org
- Colorado Bar Association website at www.cobar.org Click on “For the Public”
- Colorado Courts website at www.courts.state.co.us (includes court forms)
- Self-Represented Litigant Coordinators (Sherlocks) can provide legal information, but not advice, and assist with pro se (self-representation) forms. Sherlock offices listed at https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Self_Help/Sherlocks/Contact%20list%20for%20public(17).pdf
Colorado Supreme Court Library (for legal research)
Ralph L. Carr Judicial Center
2 East 14th Street
Denver, CO 80203
Hours: M – F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.